Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tangled cupcake

My latest cupcake I made for a Danish cupcake competition, I hope very much to win, but there is a LOT of other very beautifully made cupcakes.

My inspiration was my daughters favorite movie "Tangled" - or as she would say it: "let's see MaxImuss" - she is Maximus' biggest fan!
One of her friends is coming over to our house tomorrow, and I'm excited to see their faces when I serve Tangled-cupcakes.

It took me 2 days to make this cupcake;
Day 1: Face and torso. No mould used - it's all done by hand. I used a thick cake-wire as a "spine" and placed the torso and head to dry on a cake dummy.
Day 2: Made the rest of the figure and Pascal. Handpainted the two figures. I made the hair in more than 1 piece, so that it wouldn't get to heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment