Sunday, September 18, 2011

3D plane and stary sky cupcakes

3D aeroplane cake:) I had so much fun making this cake!!!


Day 1: I cut the plane-"body" from a cake dummy. I chose to make it from cake dummy instead of cake, because i wantet to place it to look like the plane is flowing/ flying.
Day 2: made the wings from cake boards. Covered it with sugarpaste (used buttercream as glue). Made the figures - I just LOVE anime figures, all made by hand without moulds.





The cake was surrounded by 34 of these stary sky cupcakes. I used a 2 cm diameter star cookie cutter and cake-wire. I made the stars 2 days prior to assembling them on the cupcakes, to make it dry enough.

I used a toothpick and thin silver-cake board to make the plane's propeller, and a small ball of red sugarpaste to hide the toothpick - it did have another bonus; the children could make the propeller turn around.






The cake was surrounded by 34 stary sky cupcakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment